Autumn top 10
Well although I’ve got a thing for spring, autumn is my favourite season. So I am delighted to say that this week in Sweden, it’s officially arrived and thus time to pull out your uggs. It’s a beautiful time in Sweden where the temperature drops, but not far enough for me to complain. I get to pull out my wooly knits and snuggle up and for once, TSH doesn’t have to listen to me bag his homeland.
It’s that nip in the air and the burnt orange hues that get me all going, and this autumn there are a few things that I am really looking forward to:
1. Two of my close friends are about to pop out their bubs so that is super exciting! They are getting pretty close so it could be any day now. I’ve reminded them that Lou Lou is a fabulouso name, so hears hoping.
2. The arrival of Lou Lou snr. Yes, my mum is making the trip over to meet The Flash. She couldn’t wait any longer and I can’t wait any longer to see her. The last time I saw her was in late November in Sydney. We’d just found out I was pregnant and now she gets to see what a good oven I was.
3. The Flash is getting christened next weekend, so I am in the middle of planning, planning, planning. We meet the priest today, better behave. We are going to hold a ‘high tea’ afterwards at our apartment and as everyone in Sweden drinks coffee, it should be perfect.
4. Attending our local farmers markets, see pictures. I’m in love with them! As said, I am a bit of foodie, with the eating part being my favourite. These markets are held in a narrow tree-lined street and look like something out of the Gilmore Girls, I couldn’t be happier. I taste, I squeeze, I purchase, I chat. And then by the time we get home, I’m too buggered to cook and wouldn’t want to inflict myself onto good produce either. Enter TSH.
5. Lighting our open fire. Cannot wait for that! It’s getting colder here so I feel a flick of the flint is imminent. I’m picturing the kids in bed, an open bottle of wine and a flickering flame.
6. Honey. Jonathon. Ginger Gold. No, not suggested names for my friends babies, but types of apples. Red delicious. This autumn I’ll be baking heaps of shit with apples in it. Oh I love a good apple orchard. And if my baking stuffs up I can just smother it in cream or custard.
8. Pumpkins. Pumpkin soup, pumpkin scones, roast pumpkin.
10. But perhaps the best thing about autumn and what I really love about it, is that it brings us that much closer to Christmas.
Update for the food challenge. I made the Kathy’s Extravagant Fish Curry and it was delicious!!!! And when I say I, I mean TSH did, but I was sick so had a good excuse.